mardi 24 mars 2015

Illustrator Transparency and Tracing


I had a heck of a time getting transparencies from Photoshop to Illustrator. A member here, "poor", had my solution. But the problem wasn't over it seems.


The image I had been trying to bring into Illustrator appeared with all of the transparent areas filled with white. The reason I wanted to get it into Illustrator in the first place, to trace and create a vector. Well, I did a trace and all of the previously transparent areas...filled with white. Right back where I started.


I cannot simply select the white and delete, as that process selects all white indiscriminately, and I have white in the actual image that needs to stay. Is there really no way to work with transparencies and tracing in Illustrator? I'm sure there must be, but I'm at a loss. How does one do the trace process and create a vector, without having previously transparent areas filled in with white? Thanks again for any help.


About the image; It's 10 solid colors w/transparency (no variance or gradations in any of it), png 24 ("saved for web"), oh, and I'm using CS6. thx





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire