mercredi 25 mars 2015

How do I convert a red color scheme to a green one without making it look "brighter"


The current color scheme for my desktop uses a red palette. I would like to change it into something green instead so I went through the color scheme configuration file and "rotated" all color values so that RGB becomes BRG. For example, (214,73,55) becomes (55,214,73).


The impression I got was that the green color scheme looked way brighter than the old red color scheme. Apparently this is because we perceive the different colors with different intuitive brightness levels. Is there a formula I can use instead of a simple RGB rotation that will keep the same apparent brightness for the green version of the color scheme? Are there guidelines as to how to best convert a whole set of colors from one base hue to another?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire